what I should have photographed.
not the morning tea consumption post-swim:
more interesting would have been:
- me when I took that photo, sitting in the sun at a public pool in my bra and undies.Â Yes, with a towel on top, but a relatively small, doesn’t cover all the bits towel.Â Because I love to expose my post-pregnancy bits in all their glory at the local public swimming pool with my two children in tow.
- my clothes at the time this photo was taken.Â Ah, there: you can see my skirt in the background, on the table, behind the morning tea.Â Because I thought a little fashion display would be in order at the public pool.
- me, when I came up out of the shallow kids pool after jumping in wearing all my clothes as my big boy lost his footing and decided that instead of kicking, he would just sink during his “mum, please I want to swim here by myself before my lesson” swim.Â I wonder about my face.Â Bedraggled, I’m sure about; happy to have retrieved a small one from drowning, yes, also sure about; slightly guilty for letting him in the pool by himself where he has been fine 1000 times before, yes, also that.Â Yes, I had my swimmers on underneath.Â thankfully.Â Â (WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Bad parent of the day award: ME!!).
- me, sitting there at the side of the pool wrapped in a towel and freezing my ass off for the duration of his lesson.Â Trying to hold the 3month old without soaking her too…
- or better still, a video of the wonderful swimming lesson.Â Where for the second week running the normal teacher didn’t show and we had a fill-in.Â So my big boy who has missed 3 months of lessons due to me pulling him out after little L joined us because he had developed a fear of the swimming lessons when his last teacher was away repeatedly and he had to go in by himself with a stranger each week (gee I wonder why that upsets a less-than-two year old) made it through the first 10 minutes fine, then cried between his turn for the next 20 minutes.Â Hopefully asking the teacher each time they finished one activity, “finished now?”.Â Because I had promised him if he finished the lesson we could go for a swim together.
Consolation prize for me was that he loved our swim together! And enjoyed the morning tea thoroughly.Â And there is no visual evidence of my bits being exposed at the pool.
P.S. thanks to Baby Mac for the inspiration for this post as her swimming experience this morning sounded just as traumatic so I thought I’d share too.